Cuyahoga County, Ohio
This project is a complete pavement replacement of nearly 8 miles of I-90 in the cities of Cleveland, Lakewood, and Rocky River. The project limits are from the Hilliard Boulevard exit ramp to the I-71 interchange. I-90 is a major east/west, 8-lane corridor with segments carrying over 140,000 vehicles per day. Work includes complete pavement replacement, drainage, and lighting improvements, and various bridge work on 36 structures within the corridor.
American Structurepoint has design centers across the nation, and our Ohio design centers are leading this project to improve driver safety in Cuyahoga County. We are designing plans to replace the pavement, add new merging lanes, install new lighting, upgrade drainage, and improve 36 bridges within the corridor. Part of improving the bridges includes adding more height below overhead bridges where possible.
American Structurepoint’s design includes accommodations for the future implementation of Transportation Systems Management & Operations (TSMO), an eastbound shoulder that can be used by buses during the morning rush hour and a westbound shoulder that all traffic can use during the evening rush hour. This ensures the investment made to rebuild the corridor will serve the future growth of Cleveland long into the future, improving traffic flow and increasing ridership for the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority.
Construction is scheduled to begin in 2024.
- Hays County Celebrates Opening its Newest Roundabout
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- Project Spotlight: Transform 66 Outside the Beltway
- American Structurepoint Wins 2022 ACEC Indiana Grand Project Award
- Kaitlyn Currie, PE, Named ASCE Younger Member Engineer of the Year
- Project Spotlight: Allison Transmission Innovation Center
- Purdue University and American Structurepoint Receive National Engineering Award for Newman Road Underpass Project
- City of South Bend’s Enhanced Long Term Control Plan Wins Approval
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak