I-70/SR 9 Interchange (BEL-70-17.73)
St. Clairsville, Ohio
This project included replacement of the existing I-70 twin structures over SR 9 with a longer three-span continuous steel beam bridge, improving site distance along SR 9. The westbound structure was constructed wider than needed and built part-width in order to maintain traffic. The eastbound structure was built to the required width in a single phase of construction while traffic was crossed over to the westbound side. Sheet piling, soldier pile and lagging, and temporary pier supports were required for maintaining traffic.
The existing I-70 three-span concrete slab structure over the National Road Bikeway (abandoned railroad alignment) and Chambers Run was replaced with a 16-foot precast concrete arch structure on reinforced concrete pedestal walls and a 10’ x 6’ box culvert. Wingwalls and retaining walls for the replacement structures were constructed in excess of 25 feet tall, and temporary MSE walls were required for shoring and maintaining traffic. Construction was phased so that the precast arch and box culvert could be constructed prior to demolition of the existing structures, minimizing the impacts to the interstate traffic.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak