FRA-270-36.94 (I-270 Outerbelt Modernization and Bridge Rehabilitation)
This project involved the complete mainline reconstruction of a section of I-270 on existing alignment from Big Walnut Creek to 0.8 mile south of the SR 16 interchange. Engineering services included the study of substandard geometrics at the interchanges of SR 317 (Hamilton Road) and SR 16 (Broad Street), the study of raising four overhead bridges versus lowering the I-270 mainline to eliminate substandard vertical clearances, an abbreviated safety study at the SR 16 interchange between Cardinal Park Drive and Taylor Station Road, identification of any substandard horizontal clearances on the mainline underpass structures, maintenance-of-traffic Alternative analysis (MOTAA), upgrades to the guardrail to meet current criteria, investigation of the need for tower lighting at the SR 317 interchange, upgrades to the drainage systems, BMP design and stormwater quality management, and additional bridge work.
Value engineering was provided mid-design to include the raising and resurfacing of SR 317 (Hamilton Road) and the addition of two drop lanes across the bridge deck between the ramp intersections.
Aesthetic treatments (decorative fence, lighting, and railings) were incorporated into the SR 317 bridge design, coordinated through the City of Gahanna, to create a visually appealing entrance into the city from the interstate. Project coordination involved progress meetings with the City of Gahanna, the City of Columbus, and ODOT to ensure specific city standards were incorporated in the overall design, and design work did not overlap recently completed, current construction, and upcoming projects. Maintenance-of-traffic detours (local/secondary) were developed in coordination with the City of Gahanna, the City of Columbus, and the City of Whitehall to help facilitate traffic during ramp closures. Environmental work on the project included delineation of 12 wetlands using the OEPA's ORAM criteria, and evaluation of 21 streams using the HHEI/QHEI methods.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak