Emerald Parkway Improvements
American Structurepoint performed a preliminary engineering study for the intersections of Emerald Parkway with Rings Road, Glendon Court, Lakehurst Court, and Tuttle Crossing Boulevard, as well as the intersections of the southbound I-270 ramps with Tuttle Crossing Boulevard, and analyzed traffic operations for seven alternatives in combinations of roundabouts, traffic signals, and lane improvements.
Improvements were developed to help retain a large employer in the area as they increased the employee capacity of their campus. Our engineers were responsible for the design of approximately 2,500 lft of 12-inch distribution water main and appurtenances, including service transfers and branch service tie-ins along the reconstructed roadway. The work also included full-depth pavement replacement, mill, and resurfacing the existing asphalt surface, as well as production of ODOT-style right-of-way plans with separate exhibits and legal descriptions for 37 parcels. Layouts were coordinated with two commercial properties that were being purchased by private entities.
The project reduced traffic congestion; improved safety; and improved pedestrian and bicycle mobility by widening Emerald Parkway (adding one lane in each direction), constructing roundabouts at Lakehurst Court and Glendon Court, modifying the signal at Tuttle Crossing Boulevard, and constructing an eight-foot-wide shared-use path and a five-foot-wide sidewalk, as well as offering ADA-compliant curb ramps, improved street lighting, water line relocation, and storm sewer improvements.
- City of South Bend’s Enhanced Long Term Control Plan Wins Approval
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak