Cooper Road Pump Station and Tank
The northwest portion of Citizens' service territory continues on a path of economic development, which means its water demands are growing. This distribution system pressure zone receives water from two different water treatment plants and often experiences water pressures less than the target service levels Citizens aims to provide customers. To improve service consistency and support this thriving community, Citizens is making a capital investment to construct a new pressure booster pump station paired with finished water storage strategically located along Cooper Road in Zionsville.
The need for the facility is growing and therefore an accelerated schedule is needed. Citizens aims to have the pump station operational in autumn of 2019, with the ground storage tank coming online thereafter. To achieve that schedule goal and to leverage construction cost-saving ideas, this project will be delivered using a progressive design-build method where a general contractor is engaged at 30% design.
American Structurepoint is partnering with Citizens Energy Group to design this new 5-MGD (firm capacity) pump station to improve water pressure at the far extents of the northwest pressure district and a 2-MG ground storage tank to meet peak quantity demands under variable conditions. The facility is designed with the future in mind, allowing space for additional pumping equipment to accommodate increased water demand and for chemical disinfection equipment if water quality challenges arise.
The American Structurepoint team's design services include survey, geotech, environmental assessment, utility coordination, permitting, site, drainage, structural, process, electrical, and instrumentation. Hydraulic modeling for pump selection to meet a challenging array of hydraulic conditions was a critical element leading to selection of a package plant capable of maintaining a discharge pressure of 60-80 psi. To allow for the most cost effective construction costs, tank design will allow for bids on both prestressed concrete and glass fused steel materials of construction.
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak