Michigan City, Indiana
This LPA project includes reconstruction of approximately 1.57 miles of Coolspring Avenue between Wabash Avenue and Roeske Street. The improvements were designed to reduce traffic congestion through the addition of turn lanes, alleviate ponding of water on the pavement, and improve the overall condition and safety of the roadway.
Project elements included new storm sewer, sanitary sewer, concrete curb, walk, drives, watermain, QC/QA volumetric and PWL pavements, and restoration, as well as final construction records. The project also included the installation of a new traffic signal at the intersection of Coolspring Avenue and Woodland Avenue. This project has had many very unusual aspects over other similar projects, including the rearranging of multiple phases of the maintenance of traffic, as well as the chal¬lenge of having new sewer work with multiple existing utilities. Specifics of the project included 19,900 cys of common excavation, 20,376 tons of QC/ QA HMA pavement, 7,200 sys of concrete sidewalk, 12,541 lft of concrete curb and gutter, 4,227 sys of concrete pavement for approaches, 11,737 lft of new storm sewer, 3,865 lft of new ductile iron water main, and 265 new storm sewer structures. Work was performed for the City of Michigan City in conjunction with the INDOT LaPorte District. Construction costs were $ 4.6 million (Contract R-29931).
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak