Clarian West Suburban Hospital
This 122-bed hospital and 62,000-sft medical office building is located on a 100-acre site. The “healing environment” design provides walking paths around the campus that take advantage of mature trees and new plantings. This fast-track project mandated coordination with Clarian staff, the consultants, and local planning agencies. American Structurepoint also completed wetland delineation and mitigation, demolition plans, grading and drainage plans, and storm water pumping station design.
A very detailed model of the drainage system was also developed to incorporate two separate detention systems. One system utilizes two wet ponds and a dry pond, and the other system contains a dry pond. Two additional areas, totaling 50 acres of land, were also examined under present and future conditions, and detention volumes were estimated for the future development. Drainage design for the project included a master drainage plan for the entire 100-acre property and detailed drainage plans for the hospital project. Detailed drainage plans included design of a large stormwater pumping station for the hospital service yard and a combination of dry and wet interconnected detention ponds. The detention ponds were designed to satisfy local drainage codes as well as to provide water features to create a park-like setting on the hospital campus. During the course of the design, it was determined approximately 50 acres of the overall 100-acre site did not have an adequate drainage outlet. To prevent the potential of creating or aggravating off-site drainage problems, the 50-acre watershed was routed through dry detention ponds and 1,500 feet of storm sewers to a new outlet location. Much of the infrastructure in the hospital location was inadequate to serve the site. Plans were also prepared to improve three county roads bordering the property and included widening and resurfacing approximately 5,000 feet of roads and construction of auxiliary turn lanes. The utility plans included extension of 3,500 feet of sanitary sewer and 6,500 feet of water mains to serve the hospital. Planning of this fast-track project mandated considerable coordination with Clarian staff and the consultants and anticipated expansion plans for the site were considered in the numerous design aspects. American Structurepoint completed the design and worked throughout the development process to get the project approved by the local planning jurisdiction and under construction to meet goals established by the client.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak