Chicago Street Reconstruction and Widening
This federally funded LPA project included the reconstruction and widening of the existing roadway along Chicago Street including the realignment of Sheffield Avenue between Gostlin Street and Chicago Street, as well as, intersection improvements at Hohman Avenue, Johnson Avenue, Pine Avenue and Columbia Avenue, and the design of a roundabout at the intersection of Gostlin Street and Sheffield Avenue.
American Structurepoint prepared the environmental analysis resulting in the development of an environmental assessment for the proposed roadway reconstruction and widening. Critical project elements included public outreach and involvement, as the proposed project would require acquisition of 7.48 acres of new permanent right-of-way including the acquisition of 35 residences, 7 commercial properties, and 1 industrial property all located within a defined environmental justice (EJ) area, as the project area has a relatively large Hispanic population. Consultation with local Hispanic groups determined potential EJ impacts resulting from the project and developed project components to minimize adverse impacts to community cohesion. An initial site assessment (ISA) for evaluation of hazardous material sites within the proposed project limits revealed multiple sites that required Phase II evaluations prior to right-of-way acquisition.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak