Broadway Street and Main Street Reconstruction
East Chicago, Indiana
This $2.3 million, locally funded project consisted of a multi-phased reconstruction of Main Street and Broadway Street. Phases 1-A and 1-B reconstructed Main Street from Broadway Street to Martin Luther King Drive, and Phase 1-C reconstructed Broadway Street from Main Street to Pulaski Street. An extensive streetscape design was incorporated into the existing tight urban corridors to improve the aesthetic appeal of this business district. Decorative lighting, landscape plantings, tree wells, tree grates, tree guards, wayfinding signage, decorative crosswalks, and patterned concrete surfaces were used to create a more welcoming environment. Pedestrian and ADA-related mobility were important considerations during the design process.
On-street parking and bus transit stops were also important aspects of the design. Reconstruction included pavement replacement, sidewalks, curb ramps, storm sewers, and water lines. Bus stops were included and designed for safety, access, and aesthetic appeal. Traffic signal improvements were performed at the intersection of Main Street and Broadway Street and the intersection of Main Street and Martin Luther King Drive.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak