Yulman Stadium Structural Design, Tulane University
New Orleans, Louisiana
The project consists of a 30,000-capacity open field football stadium for Tulane University. Our structural engineers designed the structural steel grandstands that will support 16,000 seats around a c-shaped bowl. Our design team includes Dant Clayton Corporation (steel fabricator and seating system provider) and International Design Services "IDS". American Structurepoint's scope includes design of all structural steel framing, design of all steel connections, and coordination with project architect to design the perimeter façade elements. The project required fast-track development of framing reactions to coordinate with foundation designer, Thornton Tomasetti. Technology used on the project includes RISA-3D design and analysis software, Revit Structure, Tekla BIMSight, and Autocad. The 3D models developed by IDS were reviewed by our structural team for conformance with the framing and connection design, as well as interface with architectural façade materials.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak