White Castle High Street Mixed-Use Development with Parking
Our team provided thorough architectural and structural peer review, as well as civil, survey, and traffic engineering for a mixed-use concept incorporating retail, residential, commercial office, and parking. Our analysis determined the original proposal did not meet the minimum standards for structured parking, and we outlined solutions that the client embraced and incorporated into the final design. Structural engineers suggested replacing a 1-bay structure and speed ramp with a 1.5-bay, continuously sloping structure, which simplified vehicular circulation, reduced the number of curb cuts, and increased parking efficiency from 435 sf/space to 370 sf/space. We also determined the residential efficiency was extremely low and suggested replacing the single loaded corridors above the podium with double loaded corridors.
This successfully increased the unit count from 97 units to 108 units and improved the efficiency from 84 percent to 88 percent. Our architects also introduced an amenities deck above structured parking and added an in-deck pool between the deck and down ramp. These amenities increased the unit rental value overlooking greenspace and created a more luxurious environment for residents.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak