SR 53 Water Main Relocation
This $1.3 million project involved design and construction inspection for approximately 7,300 lft of new 20-inch water main as part of a relocation for Indiana-American Water along SR 53. The pathway is through the town of Merrillville with limited right-of-way space. Because the utility relocation was performed for an INDOT project along SR 53, it required significant coordination with other utilities that were also relocating their facilities.
A proposed storm sewer system contains structures that also had to be avoided by the layout. IDEM approved an alternative technical standard for water main and storm sewer separation requirements. Design included preparation of project specifications, quantity takeoffs, thrust restraint calculations, and obtaining a railroad crossing permit. Construction involved installation of approximately 6,875 lft of 20-inch water main, 830 lft of 16-inch water main, 600 lft of 8-inch water main, and replacement of existing services to allow road construction to be completed later in the year. The project also had nine horizontal bores ranging from 12 inches to 30 inches in diameter and involved abandoning the existing water main with flowable fill.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak