South Dearborn Regional Sewer District Wastewater Treatment Plant
American Structurepoint performed on-call operations, troubleshooting, and design assistance for the 6 MGD South Dearborn Regional Sewer District Wastewater Treatment Plant. Projects have included preparation of a capital improvement plan, replacement of the failed influent screen, replacement of broken valves, and repair of the deteriorated concrete in the primary clarifiers. The work performed in the headworks building at the South Dearborn Regional Sewer District Wastewater Treatment Plant included the replacement of an existing Parkson moving rake screen with a Parkson in-channel step screen Model MRS23-110-6. A screenings washer compactor was also installed. Improvements to the headworks building included the installation of a beam and hoist for maintenance and the addition of an access door to the building.
The existing mechanically cleaned bar screen the plant also needed a total rebuild. It was determined that a new screen would be more cost effective and would result in a higher efficiency in screening removal. The new screen was designed, including modifications to the building by adding the double door to remove the old screen and install the new screen and an overhead crane rail to allow the screen to be pivoted up for maintenance. Provisions
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak