Purdue University Animal Science Research and Education Center Waste Separation
West Lafayette, Indiana
American Structurepoint was responsible for designing the separation of human and animal wastewater stream and new wastewater collection and treatment systems for the human wastewater streams at the Purdue University Animal Science Research and Education Center (ASREC).
The human and animal wastewater generated by the operation of the ASREC was combined and treated in several different lagoons. Waste streams from the education center, machinery maintenance, sheep, hatchery, poultry, swine, aquaculture, and beef facilities were separated to direct the human wastewater stream to new treatment facilities while the animal waste streams continue to be treated via their respective lagoon systems. Interior plumbing modifications to achieve waste stream separation, gravity sewers, elevated sand mound, lift station, perimeter drains, and site restoration were designed to serve the beef facilities. Interior plumbing modifications, septic tanks, and a low-pressure septic tank effluent pumping system were designed with a series of elevated sand mounds for the remainder of the facilities. Eight research and education areas were separated. Low-pressure sewers, gravity sewers, recirculating sand filters, small wastewater treatment plants, and sand mound septic systems were considered as alternates for transportation and treatment. Direct discharge to a receiving stream, subsurface irrigation, and conventional septic disposal systems were evaluated as alternatives for final disposal of the treated water.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak