Fort Wayne Primary and Secondary Treatment and Digester Improvements
Fort Wayne, Indiana
As a part of a team of consultants, American Structurepoint is providing engineering services to upgrade the existing digesters and construct a new digested sludge pumping station. The design effort included architectural and structural components. Also, Fort Wayne opted for a guaranteed saving contract approach for the construction phase. Therefore, the portions of the structural design were accelerated to accommodate construction schedule. With the design completed, American Structurepoint is providing construction administration services including shop drawing reviews, information requests and periodic site visits to ensure conformance with contract documents.
American Structurepoint is working with Fort Wayne Utilities, Kokosing Construction, and other design consultants to expand the digester facilities and construct a new digested sludge pumping stations at the City’s Water Pollution Control Facility. These improvements are being installed under a guaranteed saving contract between the City and Kokosing. Our work involved the architectural elements, including concrete unit masonry, stairs, handrails, doors, door hardware, interior coatings, roofing systems and accessories, roof hatches, and EIFS systems, at the new digested sludge pump station and existing digester complex stairwells. Additionally, our structural design for these facilities involved pile foundations, precast concrete, non-shrink grout, concrete unit masonry, metal fabrications, stairs, handrails, and grating. Upon completion of the design, American Structurepoint contracted with Kokosing Construction to provide design services during construction. Our effort has included shop drawing review, requests for information, progress meetings and site visits to ensure execution of the design while meeting the guaranteed savings requirements.
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak