Lafayette Phosphorus Removal Strategy
Upon notification from IDEM that their NPDES permit would require phosphorus limits prior to their next permit renewal, the City of Lafayette Water Pollution Control hired American Structurepoint to develop a phosphorus removal strategy, which includes a three-pronged approach. American Structurepoint is actively working on this project and expects to provide a phosphorus removal strategy that will guide Lafayette Water Pollution Control well into the future of meeting phosphorus limits.
The first approach of our phosphorus removal strategy is to develop local limits for significant industrial users to keep the influent phosphorus concentration within the treatment capacity limits of the new phosphorus removal system currently under design for the plant. The second approach is to evaluate existing odor control facilities at major pumping stations to determine how those systems might be modified to remove phosphorus while still controlling odor. The third approach is to consider potential sources of organics that would improve the performance of a future EPBR process while also evaluating the impacts to biosolids management facilities. American Structurepoint is actively working on this project and expects to provide a phosphorus removal strategy that will guide Lafayette Water Pollution Control well into the future of meeting phosphorus limits.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak