NICTD RR over Galena River Bridge
LaPorte County, Indiana
NICTD wanted to replace the existing single-span box-beam structure over Galena River during a short-duration shutdown of the track. The existing bridge had severe scour undermining of the abutments. American Structurepoint provided a structure alternates cost study to help NICTD decide which type of structure would be most cost effective for this type of replacement. Options included a precast structure and a roll-in superstructure with precast end bents on driven piling. The project included a hydraulic analysis for the structure opening, all permit coordination, and creation of plans and bid specifications for the single-span precast concrete arch replacement structure. No track realignment work was needed.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak