I-77/US 62 Design-Build
Stark County, Ohio
This $25 million design/build project provided increased capacity and safer roadways for the greater Canton area. The project upgraded 1.17 miles of I-77 near the Pro Football Hall of Fame, providing a concrete median barrier and a third lane in each travel direction with full replacement of pavement and shoulder sections. Ramp modifications at two major interchanges were included, as well as six mainline bridges and an upgrade for the traffic signal at SR 687 and I-77.
The project also improved 0.47 mile of US 62 with deck replacement and widening of the twin bridges over Nimishillen Creek and the Wheeling and Lake Erie Railway. Replacement of the northbound ramp to I-77 and part of the eastbound on-ramp from Fulton Drive/I-77 to eastbound US 62 was included as well. Extensive drainage work for the 44-acre site included inlet spacing analysis, closed system capacity analysis, and hydraulic grade line analysis. Approximately 1,500 feet of new pipe ranging in size from 12 to 36 inches was designed, and 24 new catch basins were placed. Additional drainage work included adding median inlets, analyzing and replacing existing culverts and storm sewer systems, and ditch design and analysis. The project also involved guardrail reconstruction, signing, lighting, pavement markings, and traffic control.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak