Hendricks Regional Health YMCA
This unique, 115,000-sft, $21 million facility includes a completely integrated YMCA and medical office. American Structurepoint provided full design services, and successfully integrated the needs of two distinct owners and numerous stakeholders. American Structurepoint’s civil engineers provided a low-impact site design to minimize the storm water runoff. Native vegetation and plantings surround the building to limit maintenance requirements. The low-impact design generated over $1 million in earthwork and storm sewer savings over the conventional design.
Innovative in that it will be owned by both entities, the facility provides holistic wellness care and includes a full three-pool indoor aquatics center, gymnasium, wellness/weight room, aerobics and dance studios, two full-size basketball courts, baseball and soccer fields, teen center, child care area, community classrooms, business offices, locker rooms, and café. The facility is designed jointly with Hendricks Regional Health to incorporate a 50,000-sft medical office component. The medical components of the facility include cardiac rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, imaging, lab, spa, weight loss, retail spaces, and select imaging modalities. These spaces are carefully laid out to complement the adjacent wellness areas and enable a better utilized space for both Hendricks Regional Health and the YMCA. Special attention has been given to the dual use of the facility and integration of medical treatment and wellness to the members/users. The joint nature of the building comes together in a dramatic 3-story atrium space.
Several site options were evaluated throughout the community. The final site selected is a 72-acre parcel along one of the busiest commercial corridors in the city. A master plan and development was created to help defer project costs and create the architectural character and feel desired by the clients. American Structurepoint provided due diligence efforts and coordinated for utility extensions with the local municipality, as well as provided overall roadway layout and planning services.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak
Awards + Recognition
Brick in Architecture Awards