Grand Park Indoor Soccer Facility
The Grand Park Indoor Sports and Recreation Facility is a 350,000-sft facility that includes approximately 290,000 sft of open area housing 3 regulation-sized soccer fields. In addition to the area dedicated to the soccer fields, the facility also includes an attached 2-story, 60,000-sft flex area that supports offices, meeting rooms, locker rooms, and a restaurant and bar. American Structurepoint worked in tandem with Robertson Building Systems to provide the structural and foundation systems for this facility. The superstructure is primarily composed of structural steel taking advantage of deep beams and columns to enable the structure to meet the needs of the space below.
The building structure’s maximum height at the peak is 79 feet and supports clear spans up to 280 feet in order to provide an occupied space below free of columns, a feature which suits the needs of the soccer fields. The foundation system primarily consists of large reinforced concrete spread footings that help resolve the unusually large forces demanded by the supported structure above. Grand Park and the City of Westfield plan to put the facility to use in supporting recreational sports activities as well as large gatherings.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak