Glendale Road Lift Station
Fort Wayne, Indiana
American Structurepoint has completed design and bid phase services for the Glendale Road Lift Station. The design includes “near-term” and “long-term” pumping scenarios. Both scenarios are intended to pump all sewage flow from an existing 24-inch interceptor sewer in order to eliminate surcharging problems on the existing gravity sewer that have caused overflows in the past. The near-term pumping scenario includes pumping up to 4.5 MGD to the soon-to-be renovated Aqua Midwest wastewater treatment plant. The “long-term” pumping scenario also assumes a maximum pump rate of 4.5 MGD from the Glendale Road Lift Station but instead will pump to the St. Mary’s Interceptor following completion of the 3RPORT project.
Both scenarios include a shared-force main segment that will receive flow from both the Glendale Road Lift Station and the GS Lift Station being designed under a separate contract. Due to a restricted site adjacent to high-voltage power lines and an existing home, an innovative lift station design has been completed that utilizes the influent piping as wet well storage in order to reduce the wet well sizing and depth of construction required. This project includes a diversion structure that will provide operational flexibility and an electrical and controls building that will house the required electrical equipment and be designed for aesthetic appeal due to the location of the lift station.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak