CSO 012 and 013, Deep Rock Tunnel Connector Sewers
The American Structurepoint team is developing a two-phased solution to convey combined sewage from CSO 013 to the Citizen’s Energy Group (CEG) Deep Rock Tunnel Connector at the CSO 118 area drop structure and to provide storage volume to contain overflows from CSO 012. Both CSO’s are located along the White River near downtown Indianapolis.
A key aspect of the CSO 013 project may be tunneling through difficult mixed face geology for a portion of the consolidation sewer. The original concept for the CSO 012 project called for flows to be conveyed approximately 2,000 ft to the CSO 118 area drop structure. However, the preliminary analysis of the project determined CSO 012 may be stored or routed downstream to an existing CSO rather than building a new sewer to the CSO 118 area drop structure. The Owner has conducted additional flow monitoring to model the CSO 012 system with these alternate scenarios The potential cost reduction could result in the elimination of 2,000 ft of sewer and savings of millions of dollars.
We are leading a team of consultants to tackle issues such as building consolidation sewers in a heavily urbanized corridor along a leveed section of the White River. Our team’s design scope includes two diversion structures with screening, consolidation sewers, geotechnical investigation, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), electrical and instrumentation, dewatering, temporary earth retention system, and SCADA.
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak