Blue Chip Casino
Michigan City, Indiana
The project consisted of excavation of a 1,700-lft channel adjacent to Trail Creek and design of a pavilion, parking garage, hotel, 1,500-space parking lot, curb cut, and traffic signal onto SR 12, interstate and trail blazing signage, and relocation of Sprague Marina. The scope of work included site grading and utility construction plans, traffic impact studies, traffic signal and curb cut plans, coordination of Phase I and Phase II ESAs, and boat/pavilion utility interface design. The project also required submittals and approvals for federal, state, and local permits and execution of a traffic and signage agreement through the State of Indiana Attorney General's office. Significant features of the design included a 200-foot serpentine retaining wall and a piling design to support sanitary sewer pipe in inadequate soil. Much of the work was at or below the water table elevation.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak