IUPUI Dunlap Drug Discovery Lab Building Renovation
American Structurepoint was the lead architect of record for the master planning effort and the estimated $25 million renovation project. The newly renovated research building was designed to be the gateway into the new IUPUI School of Medicine, located on the former Wishard Medical Campus. Once constructed, this multi-institutional health science and research center is to provide a significant platform to transform the quality and quantity of healthcare professionals and researchers in the central Indiana area. Programming was a very important aspect of the study. Following the project kickoff and visioning, we held a series of high-level programming exercises to define the School of Medicine’s needs.
The working groups were identified early and were representative of a diverse cross-section of individuals providing continuity from beginning to end. Programming needs require a healthy balance among functional and technical need, science applications, building space parameters, and budget. We recommended a dedicated programming track, including representatives from the research animal facility as well as project-specific stakeholders, for the vivarium and related support spaces. We created test fits of the program within the confines of the building shell to validate capacity and relationships among all program components.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce