Purdue University Wiley Hall Renovation and Addition
West Lafayette, Indiana
Our design team evaluated various residence halls on this campus for ADA code compliance, which led to design and construction documentation for various facility improvements. American Structurepoint provided a feasibly study evaluating ADA compliancy of existing residence halls on this university campus to identify items that did not meet universal accessibility standards. Our team determined the impacts to architecture and MEP systems due to possible renovations, provided cost estimates, and developed criteria for bringing the buildings up to current ADA code compliance.
The results of our feasibility study resulted in design and construction documentation to upgrade one of the residence halls by creating a new entry with elevator. The project removed the existing entry area and created a new entry point that offers a large vestibule space and acts as a transition from the resident doors to the main lobby area. The exterior is constructed of limestone and curtainwall to maintain the material palette of the existing facade. On the interior, we continued the terrazzo floors, similar finishes, and existing wall color. The interior is centered on an entry area with a new elevator, which allows individuals to circulate between floors without being required to use stairs. Along with the elevator, we added four single-stall ADA-compliant restrooms.
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce