Purdue University Department of Nutrition Science Laboratory Remodel, Phase II
West Lafayette, Indiana
The purpose of this project was to provide additional research space for the Department of Nutrition Science. This $714,000, 4,935-sft renovation was the second phase of a complete departmental renovation and created new and upgraded space, including an exercise lab, restroom, locker area, Phlebotomy rooms, processing room, reception/lobby areas, student areas, offices, and storage. The changing facilities consist of a single occupancy type, one for men and one for women, and include a single toilet and single shower. A new internal exit path was created to avoid external modifications. The existing kitchen was reworked to accommodate a range of new equipment. Additional upgrades were made to the lighting, electrical power, fire alarm, telecommunications, plumbing, and HVAC. Our structural engineers evaluated the existing roofing system to analyze support of the new air handling unit.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce