Riverview Health Westfield Hospital
American Structurepoint led the design on Riverview Health's new $50 million, 108,000-sft hospital facility. Outpatient services include an emergency department, work-med, employee clinic, laboratory, pain intervention, pharmacy, imaging, women’s breast center, same day surgery, and staff support space. Other areas include hospital clinics which include sports medicine, orthopedics, physical therapy/rehabilitation, family medicine, and pediatrics. Hospital specialties include, endocrinology/rheumatology/general surgery, and OB/GYN services. There is clinical office space for private practices including cardiology, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and ENT. The hospital has five inpatient beds with expansion capability to 16 additional rooms. Along with the inpatient beds, the hospital offers seven 23-hour observation beds as part of the same day surgery unit.
2019 Monumental Awards - Achievement Award for Architecture
This project includes a variety of Lean design and patient-aligned care elements that create efficiency and ease of use for the staff and patients. By walking through the program and workflow processes with staff, our medical planners and architects identified numerous efficiencies and were able to cut the original program by 30 percent.
We used a hoteling concept and consolidated services, which results in a better use of the space with streamlined operations. We created shared, dual-use pods on each floor that ensure no areas are sitting empty during down times. For example, emergency department, work-med, laboratory, and radiology services are located in one node with a shared waiting area. Staff are cross-trained to accommodate the needs of patients. The physical therapy and rehabilitation areas are also grouped and located adjacent to the sports medicine and orthopedic clinics on the fourth floor.
Retail healthcare spaces, including radiology, pharmacy, cafes, and other retail, are located on the first floor. These areas have a direct entrance with clear wayfinding to facilitate an easy-in/easy-out experience for customers.
Planetree concepts are used throughout the building to create holistic healing environments. Patients are greeted by clearly identified registration areas, artwork is placed throughout the building, integrative therapies are offered on each floor, and the campus includes healing environments inside and out. The outdoor water feature provides a healing garden space for patients and their family.
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Hangar Conversion Project Receives Top Honor in 2022 Air Force Design Awards
- Environments for Aging Magazine Profiles Architect Vanessa Shumate
- Community Policing Design Trends at Heart of New Public Safety Center
- Wright-Patterson AFB Hangar Conversion Named Best Regional Project By ENR Midwest
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- American Structurepoint’s Strategic Growth Is Being Recognized
- Project Spotlight: Allison Transmission Innovation Center
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- American Structurepoint Provides Design Services For Lafayette Public Safety Building
- American Structurepoint Celebrates Loeb Stadium Dedication
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- Joe Rebber Joins American Structurepoint’s Architecture Studio
- Rob Schoeck To Lead American Structurepoint's Healthcare Design Practice
- Bill McCuen Joins American Structurepoint Architecture Studio
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce