Purdue University Owen Hall ADA Accessibility Renovation
West Lafayette, Indiana
For the Owen Hall ADA accessibility renovation, our team provided design for a 2,600-sft addition to the east entrance of the central core of the building, allowing for ADA accessibility to the lower and main levels of the building.
Construction cost was $1.64 million. Estimated at $1.75 million. This represented more than a 5 percent difference because estimating was based on an almost identical project, Wiley Hall, but it was completed a year earlier and the bidding market was slightly more competitive than expected.
The exterior was constructed of limestone and curtain wall to maintain the material palette of the existing facade. On the interior, we continued the terrazzo floors and similar finishes into the new addition. The interior was centered on an entry area with a new elevator that allows individuals to circulate between floors without being required to use stairs. Along with the elevator, we added four single-stall, ADA-compliant restrooms. Applied Engineering was our Subconsultant for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing on this project.
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce