Ivy Tech Community College Kokomo Campus Master Plan
Ivy Tech Community College selected American Structurepoint’s Architecture team for a rare opportnity ; the chance to master plan and renovate the entire Kokomo campus. The existing Kokomo campus consists of a single purpose-built academic building, several repurposed industrial buildings, and leased spaces in downtown Kokomo several miles away. The project’s main goal sought to bring an assortment of buildings and scattered programs together into a consolidated, cohesive, and walkable campus. It was also essential that the new campus create a sense of identity and a pride of place, as well as create communal greenspace and pedestrian connections. American Structurepoint also provided civil engineering, land surveying, and structural engineering services for the project.
American Structurepoint delivered a full scope of architectural and engineering services: programming, utilization studies, master planning, existing facility documentation, architecture, structural engineering, civil engineering, and land surveying. Among the projects we designed are a 41,000-sft addition to the School of Health Sciences and School of Nursing, as well as building renovations to accommodate Ivy Tech’s growing advanced manufacturing, informatics, automobile technology, and agriculture sciences programs.
The new campus infrastructure includes new walkways and green space, new drives, and parking for about 500 cars. Parking was placed on the outside edges of the campus, creating an appealing central area focused on student life.
Based on our recommendations, some buildings and land were sold, existing buildings were renovated, additions were built, and existing infrastructure was redeveloped to form a new campus that creates an environment for success at Ivy Tech Kokomo.
- American Structurepoint Celebrates Loeb Stadium Dedication
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- Joe Rebber Joins American Structurepoint’s Architecture Studio
- Rob Schoeck To Lead American Structurepoint's Healthcare Design Practice
- Bill McCuen Joins American Structurepoint Architecture Studio
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce