IU Health Tipton Hospital - New Physicians Medical Office Building Expansion
American Structurepoint’s architects, structural and civil engineers, and land surveyors collaborated to create this new $6 million, 2-story, 24,000-sft steel-framed medical office building. The project was a design-build delivery method with Cornerstone Companies acting as the developer and construction manager.
The structure includes a metal stud and brick veneer perimeter wall. The new medical office building adjoins the existing hospital with a new 2-story connector built independently from the existing hospital building and separated by an expansion joint. To maximize year-round use, the building was designed to create a microclimate in the exterior courtyard by maximizing sunlight in the fall and permitting wind flow during the warmer summer months. Additionally, energy performance has been enhanced through the careful placement of glazing and shading devices. This reduces the demand for interior lighting and creates a better interior atmosphere for occupants.
The new medical office building will connect to the hospital through the main lobby, giving patients easy access to hospital services. The first floor will be occupied by Methodist Sports Medicine, Page/Condict Orthodontics, and IU Health Tipton Hospital Rehabilitation Services. The second floor will have Primary Care Physician and Specialty Care offices.
- Joe Rebber Joins American Structurepoint’s Architecture Studio
- Rob Schoeck To Lead American Structurepoint's Healthcare Design Practice
- Bill McCuen Joins American Structurepoint Architecture Studio
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce