Indiana University Auxiliary Library Facility
The expansion of Indiana University’s auxiliary library facility (ALF) arose from IU’s need for highly secure, purpose-built archival storage for their museum collections. The resulting building is one of the world’s few three level archival storage facilities, supporting three separate environmental conditions tailored to the archival storage requirements of specific object types.
IU’s challenge required our architects to combine their knowledge of the higher-education sector with that of designing secure, sensitive facilities and their understanding of the intricate technical nature of climate-critical projects. Along with model studies and intensive research to help guide the project’s visioning phase.
American Structurepoint provided all the collective services to make the new facility come to life: architectural design, structural engineering, civil engineering, interior design, and FF&E selection. The project was completed in early 2020 with a construction cost of $11 million, providing 300,000 cubic feet of world-class archival storage.
- American Structurepoint Celebrates Loeb Stadium Dedication
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- Joe Rebber Joins American Structurepoint’s Architecture Studio
- Rob Schoeck To Lead American Structurepoint's Healthcare Design Practice
- Bill McCuen Joins American Structurepoint Architecture Studio
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce