Evansville Vanderburgh County Emergency Response Center
This new Emergency Response Center is located on the second floor of the Vanderburgh Detention and Corrections Facility. The renovated spaces include an interview room, police department, 911 operator center, Emergency Management office, and a large operations/training center. Our architects coordinated with the Indiana Department of Homeland Security for approval of our documentation and design plans.
The design team met with the EMA director and staff to review their existing office operations and envision what a combined coordinated emergency operations center would encompass. We used a photo board showing their various components and how they fit into the overall floor plan to help bring the conceptual design to a successful completion. The new operations center was a conversion of existing empty administrative space on the second floor of the county jail. New carpet and patterned floor tile were used to provide a pleasing aesthetic to a somewhat utilitarian setting and operational function. The essential operation of the center needed to be on emergency backup power. Initially the project was planned with a new emergency generator; however, due to strict budget constraints, this option was not within the funding scope. The team was able to utilize the existing backup power at the site and keep the project moving forward.
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce