ELSA Corporate Training Center Design-Build
American Structurepoint worked with Bulley & Andrews as the design-build lead to provide architectural and engineering services for an approximately 18,670-sft, 2-story, corporate-housing building for ELSA Corporation. ELSA, a subsidiary of Japan-based Sakamoto Industries, provides automotive component parts such as fuel tanks, exhaust systems, and structural components to the nearby Subaru plant in Lafayette, Indiana. ELSA will use the dormitory-style building to provide housing for overseas employees working onsite at the Elwood facility. Besides architectural design services, American Structurepoint provided civil engineering, landscape architecture, interior design and structural design services.
Services included a topographic survey, relocating an existing drive cut, and creating building structural design construction documents. Architectural and interior services included not only the design and construction and construction administration portions of the project. The design team also developed the resident suites in virtual reality (VR) to walk the residents through their suites to establish the best scale for the rooms. Emphasis was placed on designing a building that would meet both the functional and cultural components of home for the building residents during their stay in the dormitory while balancing both communal and private living.
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce