Battery Innovation Center
The Battery Innovation Center (BIC) is a collaborative in-state initiative designed to incorporate leadership from universities, government agencies, and commercial enterprises to focus on the rapid development, testing, and commercialization of safe, reliable, and lightweight energy storage systems for defense and commercial customers. Completed using a design-build delivery, the BIC design reflects the advanced technology produced at this $12 million facility and creates an anchor from which a growing industrial park can develop an architectural language. The architecture is low maintenance, flexible, and energy efficient to support the ideas that are important to the BIC. The 30,058-sft facility includes 24,164 sft of laboratory space. Of the laboratory space, 1,800 sft is dry room space.
BIC is located at the WestGate @ Crane Technology Park, which is adjacent to Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane (NSWC Crane), the Department of Defense center of excellence in battery development and power electronics. Partners of this facility include Crane Navel Base, Delphi, Indiana University, Purdue University, Notre Dame University, and Ivy Tech Community College—among others.
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce
Awards + Recognition
2013 Engineering Excellence Awards