LaPorte County Courthouse Renovation and Expansion
Michigan City, Indiana
American Structurepoint architects, designers, and engineers are designing an $18 million renovation/expansion of the historic LaPorte County Courthouse located in Michigan City, Indiana. We are providing architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, structural, and civil engineering services to renovate about 40,000 sft of the Michigan City Courthouse, built in 1909. We also are designing a 30,000-sft addition to the courthouse.
All courthouse areas will be renovated to consolidate space for several LaPorte County offices currently located in a nearby building. The program includes renovating and providing space for the following: Auditor’s Office, Treasurer’s Office, Assessor’s Office, LaPorte County Health Department, adult and juvenile Probation Department, IT, Prosecutor’s Office, and Sheriff Department.
The existing courthouse’s stairways, elevators, and restrooms will be redesigned to be compliant with the federal American with Disabilities Act. Two existing courtrooms will be enlarged and renovated. Two new courtrooms will be added maintaining the second level for superior courts. A hearing room will be located on the third floor. A new inmate holding area, a secure lobby entrance, and a secure parking area for judges will also be part of the new addition. Construction will start in spring 2019 and will occur in multiple phases over 16 months.
- Rob Schoeck To Lead American Structurepoint's Healthcare Design Practice
- Bill McCuen Joins American Structurepoint Architecture Studio
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce