Indiana Heart Physicians
This award-winning, 3-story, 62,265-sft medical office building consolidated the cardiology practice previously split among several locations. American Structurepoint’s civil engineers provided site due diligence, site concepts, and then provided design and permitting services. Placement of the new building on a suburban site allowed for a dramatic approach and a radial parking concept, which meant hospital patients, staff, and visitors were fairly close to the front door.
This brick veneer and EIFS facility houses administrative functions, diagnostic and clinical areas, research, and a heart catheterization lab. The first-floor lobby and waiting area with full-height curtain wall day lighting acts as the primary entry for patients. From here, they can access registration, the cath lab suite, blood draw lab, and diagnostic areas all located on the first floor.
Patients coming to the center for doctor consultations, follow-ups, etc., are directed to the second and third floor clinical areas. These two floors are divided into three bays. Two bays are used as clinical and staff areas and one bay for administrative areas.
The clinical bays are sub-divided into pods. The pods are accessed directly from waiting areas stacked above the main waiting. Each pod contains patient education rooms, exam rooms, medical assistant staff areas, checkout and scheduling areas, dictation, and housekeeping. The nursing support staff is located at one end of the pod out of patient flow, but directly accessible to patient areas. The physician area is separated from the nursing support staff by a sound attenuated partition, but is also easily accessible to staff and patient areas. The physicians and staff have access to the first floor diagnostic and cath lab areas via vertical staff circulation.
The administrative bays, located on the second and third floors, house the executive offices, accounting, medical records, IT, training, break, and conference areas. The facility was designed for a second cath lab and future imaging area on the first floor. The site will accommodate the addition of a fourth bay for future expansion. They also have the option of relocating some of the administrative functions off-site to allow for expansion of the clinical area into the second- or third-floor administrative bays.
The primary goal of consolidation was successfully accomplished with a facility design that enhances patient/staff efficiency, the overall experience of the patient, and provides a well-organized patient/staff flow.
- Wright-Patterson AFB Hangar Conversion Named Best Regional Project By ENR Midwest
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- American Structurepoint’s Strategic Growth Is Being Recognized
- Project Spotlight: Allison Transmission Innovation Center
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- American Structurepoint Provides Design Services For Lafayette Public Safety Building
- American Structurepoint Celebrates Loeb Stadium Dedication
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- Joe Rebber Joins American Structurepoint’s Architecture Studio
- Rob Schoeck To Lead American Structurepoint's Healthcare Design Practice
- Bill McCuen Joins American Structurepoint Architecture Studio
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce