Valparaiso Transit Oriented Development Master Plan and Development Guidelines
American Structurepoint assisted the City of Valparaiso by providing site master planning and grant application services for a Transit Oriented Development (TOD) and Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority (RDA) grant application process. Our team of specalists provided master planning for the 100-acre parcel, developing site programming needs, layouts, and concepts in order to produce a final site layout that met the needs and expectations of the RDA. American Structurepoint facilitated the charrette workshop where all stakeholders came together in an open, streamlined, collaborative setting, which produced feasible results. In addition, our consultants assisted in the process by working with the City of Valparaiso and RDA to facilitate the funding application. Our firm met with the RDA to review the conceptual master plan, developed estimated budgets, and prepared the RDA funding application.
Following the completion of the master plan, American Structurepoint planners drafted a Transit-Oriented Development District Overlay Ordinance and complementary developer handbook to facilitate the redevelopment of the district into well-connected, mixed-use centers. The Overlay Ordinance provides regulations for development intensity, setbacks, pedestrian and vehicular access, architectural design, parking, and landscaping. Additionally, a key component of the Overlay Ordinance was the identification of street typologies that were to be applied throughout the district. The typologies identified how and where multimodal facilities such as sidewalks, shared-use paths, and cycle tracks should be constructed.
- Grant Could Fund Big Changes to Downtown Logan Area
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- American Structurepoint’s Strategic Growth Is Being Recognized
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- American Structurepoint Wins Two 2016 Hoosier Planning Awards