Boiler Fire Investigation
American Structurepoint was retained to perform an O&C investigation of a boiler fire.
The fire scene investigation took place at the loss site and involved multiple involved parties and insurance companies. The assignment required coordination with local fire officials and plant safety personnel, product research, materials research, site documentation, disassembly of the boiler, and analysis of the internal boiler components.
Evidence collected during our company's investigation revealed that the rubber cushion drive between the pump and the pump motor of the boiler had worn out due to lack of general maintenance, resulting in the pump not circulating tar materials through the boiler. The tar material reached boiling temperature, resulting in expansion of the piping and ultimately failure of the thin walled pipe. This allowed tar material to contact boiler burner flames, which caused the fire.
- American Structurepoint Receives Employer of the Year Award from Women Transportation Seminar Notheast Ohio
- Tim McParland Joins American Structurepoint's Cleveland Investigate Team
- American Structurepoint Podcast Celebrates National Engineers Week
- What You Need to Know to Pursue A Career in Investigative Engineering
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- American Structurepoint’s Strategic Growth Is Being Recognized
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road