Building 1 Roof Replacement, Veterans Affairs
Fort Wayne, Indiana
American Structurepoint provided investigative and design services, and is providing construction administration services for the replacement of the roof on Building 1 of the Fort Wayne campus of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Building 1 is a standalone 5-story building consisting of 34 distinct roof areas for a total surface area of 61,000 sft. The facility houses inpatient, outpatient, and ancillary services. Our team’s design included the demolition, removal, and disposal of the existing roofing system, and installation of a new roofing system as per VA design guidelines. Our consultants specified fall protection systems to bring the roof areas up to current OSHA requirements, and incorporated new emergency roof drainage via overflow drains and scuppers that previously did not exist.
The VA had planned to replace all roof drains and adjoining piping, but following our field investigations, we determined that such work was unnecessary, saving the client substantial costs and avoiding disturbance of the interior space. Our architects and forensic engineers also detailed all mechanical work necessary to disconnect and reconnect existing rooftop HVAC equipment to facilitate the reroof construction. The construction cost for this reroof project totals $1.62 million.
- American Structurepoint Receives Employer of the Year Award from Women Transportation Seminar Notheast Ohio
- Tim McParland Joins American Structurepoint's Cleveland Investigate Team
- American Structurepoint Podcast Celebrates National Engineers Week
- What You Need to Know to Pursue A Career in Investigative Engineering
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- American Structurepoint’s Strategic Growth Is Being Recognized
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road