Mount Vernon Downtown Redevelopment Plan
Mount Vernon, Indiana
Mount Vernon is located in Posey County, in the southwestern most corner of Indiana along the Ohio River. The City was in need of an update to their 2005 Downtown Redevelopment Plan, and selected American Structurepoint to complete the urban planning initiative. Through this plan, American Structurepoint established a foundation for future decision-making regarding physical and policy recommendations for downtown Mount Vernon. The updated plan refreshed the vision, goals, and action items to reflect changes in the community. The plan also serves to protect and increase property values in the city and in Posey County, and is designed to assist and direct investment and revitalization of the riverfront.
Our community planning consultants outlined strategies to create a safer downtown, attract new housing and residential opportunities, and return properties and buildings to functional reuse. Opportunities were identified to improve lighting, bicycle and pedestrian trails, enhance telecommunications, and make current parking in the City more efficient. We identified tactics to increase employment opportunities for citizens, all while preserving the historical character and small town feel Mount Vernon was once known for. Today, this plan not only guides downtown development, it also benefits the health and welfare of citizens and visitors of Mount Vernon and increases the overall economic well-being of the City.
- Interesting Tips for How to Protect Your Home or Business
- Roundabouts Improve Safety and Solve Complex Traffic Issues
- American Structurepoint’s Strategic Growth Is Being Recognized
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- American Structurepoint Wins Two 2016 Hoosier Planning Awards