WWTP Demolition, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore
The project included preparation of a Phase I/HTRW report and a Phase II report to document hazardous materials found on site, a critical aspect of the project. The requirements of the USACE, National Park Service, Port Authority, and United States Steel (formerly National Steel) were met while controlling costs and impact to the environment. GPS points and photography were used to identify miscellaneous debris to be removed from the site, thereby reducing design costs. Careful planning and coordination during design allowed for minimal impacts to the water quality of Burns Ditch and Lake Michigan from soil erosion and also minimized the restrictions to boating traffic in Burns Ditch during removal of the pipe bridge. Now that the wastewater treatment plant is removed, American Structurepoint is developing a public park on this property.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak