Walsh I-70 over SR 121 Slide-In Bridge
American Structurepoint, as a subcontractor to Walsh Construction Company, provided construction engineering services for the slide-in bridge operations to replace twin 3-span bridges carrying eastbound and westbound I-70 over State Road 121/New Paris Pike in Wayne County near Richmond, Indiana. Using this method, a new permanent superstructure, which is a single-span bridge, will be built on the abutment walls in the median between the existing structures. After the new bridge is constructed in the median, the existing bridge is demolished and the new bridge slides laterally into place. The first bridge was slid successfully on September 10, 2017, as I-70 westbound traffic was diverted temporarily to the eastbound lanes. The second bridge slide for eastbound I-70 will occur in late October 2017.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak