Smith Valley Road Phase III
The project involved reconstruction of Smith Valley Road from SR 37 to Morgantown Road. The project also included rehabilitation of Johnson County Bridge No. 73. Work elements on the existing single-span bridge included removal of the superstructure and portions of the substructure, widening the substructure, and placement of a new superstructure. The road reconstruction consisted of completely removing and replacing the old asphalt pavement, widening, and soil stabilization. A new storm drainage system was added throughout the project to relieve drainage issues.
Concrete curb was placed throughout the project, along with asphalt drives, concrete drives, concrete sidewalks, and handicap ramps in residential areas. This LPA project was performed for Johnson County in conjunction with the INDOT Seymour District. Construction costs were $2.54 million (Contract R-28418).
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak