Reconstruction of South Rogers Street Construction Inspection
American Structurepoint consulted on this $3 million project involving the reconstruction of South Rogers Street from Rockport Road to West Watson Street. Reconstruction included a new sidepath, sidewalk, stormwater infrastructure including curb and gutter and regional detention, and road rehabilitation. Road construction consisted of building two 11-foot traveling lanes with 2-foot concrete curb and gutters with 5-foot sidewalk and a multi-purpose pathway outside of the roadway. The roadway consisted of eight inches of HMA base, 2.5-inch intermediate, and 1.5 inches of surface mix. A signal upgrade was also completed at the intersection of Rogers Street and Rockport Road. Underground utilities consisted of a storm sewer system, new 8-inch water main, and a small section within the project limits included sanitary sewer work. The project called out for an off-site stormwater retention pond, fed by the new storm sewer system.
Due to many residents residing along the project limits, and the majority of side streets being dead end drives with access coming only from Rogers Street, maintenance of traffic was critical. Communication with property owners along the project site was very important to keep them informed of phase changes, maintenance-of-traffic changes, and periodic project updates. This project was constructed for the City of Bloomington in conjunction with INDOT’s Seymour District.
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak