NCRWSD Collection System Infrastructure
Newton County, Indiana
This proposed business park plans to use methane gas generated from a nearby landfill as an energy source for new businesses. The water infrastructure included design and permitting for approximately 8.5 miles of water main to facilitate interconnection and supply from a nearby town. Our engineering firm also designed a 250,000-gallon elevated water tank and 2.5-MGD booster pumping station to provide the needed pressure and flow to the new system. The wastewater service included design of a 10,000-gpd SBR WWTP and 9,000 feet of wastewater collection system.
The water distribution system design includes chemical feed systems at both the elevated water tanks and the booster pumping station to ensure the necessary chlorine residual throughout the system. For the proposed wastewater infrastructure, various alternatives are being evaluated to provide the business park with a cost-effective solution for providing service initially to immediate customers with the ability to easily expand the system as the park develops. The wastewater treatment plant is a membrane bioreactor (MBR) and is highly modular. MBR technology is excellent for domestic sewage and produces very clean effluent. The MBR plant was permitted to discharge to a small stream with minimal flow. The wastewater treatment plant includes an influent pump station, headworks screen, MBR process, ultraviolet disinfection system, and effluent pump station. This is a state-of-the-art water management facility and one of only a few MBR facilities currently in operation in Indiana.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak