Lewis and Clark Bridge, East End Crossing
Clark County, Indiana
American Structurepoint was the design firm for Section 6 of the East End Crossing, which improves cross-river mobility and enhances safety for southern Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky, as the Indiana Finance Authority and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet combined forces for a massive, multi-phase, long-term construction to build a new bridge over the Ohio River. As a subconsultant to Jacobs, American Structurepoint was responsible for designing 4 miles of new SR 265 as a 4-lane divided highway (2 lanes in each direction) from SR 62 to the new Ohio River bridge, as well as reconstruction of the SR 265/SR 62/Port Road interchange roadways and ramps, new SR 265/Salem Road interchange ramps, seven bridges over small creeks, seven bridges over roadways, and three bridges over railroads. This project includes 1 multi-lane roundabout adjacent to an at-grade railroad crossing.
To ensure motorist safety and maintain some level of mobility during gate-down events, American Structurepoint designed the roundabout and associated traffic control devices to preempt traffic flow across the track as a train approaches. This method of controlling traffic is the first of its kind in the US. The East End Crossing was procured as a best value design-build-finance-operate-maintain public-private-partnership (P3) project.
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak