I-80/94 Phase II Design-Build
The reconstruction and widening of 3 miles of the Borman Expressway began at the Calumet Avenue interchange and ended just west of the Cline Avenue interchange. It was the second of several phases using a fast-track design-build process, all of which were intended to improve the aging Borman Expressway. The typical roadway had 5 lanes in each direction, and full-width median and exterior shoulders. The project included pavement replacement and added travel lanes, minor ramp modifications, bridge removal and replacement, new signage and lighting, sound barrier relocation, retaining wall construction, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) facility relocation, and drainage improvements.
This was a very large and heavily traveled interstate facility whose operation was crucial to the surrounding area. It was said to be the most heavily traveled section of roadway in the entire United States, with a great many of those vehicles being semi-trucks, so maintaining traffic was a very important aspect of the job. Plan development was completed in an aggressive four-month time frame with construction performed in only one season.
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak