Fall Creek CSO In-System Storage
This project involved the installation of inflatable rubber gates for three Fall Creek CSOs. CSOs 063, 063A, and 065 consisted of 60-inch, 108-inch, and 144-inch concrete combined sewer, respectively. Construction included the installation of the inflatable rubber gates, piping, conduit, upstream level monitors, downstream flow monitors, entrance/maintenance manholes, valves, diversion lines, and control/equipment vaults. Incidental construction included rehabilitation and improvements to the concrete spillway to CSO 63, curb and sidewalk replacement, pavement resurfacing, traffic control, and other incidentals required to complete the project.
The project included three outfalls into Fall Creek from the combined storm and sanitary sewer system. Additionally, the project was designed to provide temporary in-line storage of wet weather flows in the CSO's discharging at 32nd Street and Fall Creek Parkway and at 34th Street. and Fall Creek, through the use of inflatable dams located within the sewer lines. The detained sewage will be diverted to the interceptor sewer for treatment at the wastewater plants.
"This project went smoothly and can be attributed to the professionalism and cooperation between the Designers, the Contractor, the Inspecting Engineer, and the Owner." Maurice Geisendorff, Jr. - Owner Project Manager
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak