Bridge No 203 Baseline Road over CSX Construction Inspection
Vanderburgh County, Indiana
(American Structurepoint provided the design and construction inspection services for this $3 million project, which reconstructed Baseline Road, located 0.35 mile west of US 41, from station 13+00 to station 30+20 and constructed a 90-foot, single-span concrete bridge over the CSX Railroad. The bridge was 87’-6” single-span bridge using Type I prestressed I beams on integral end bents with MSE wall abutments built on a 510-foot vertical curve with a 5 degree skew to the left to provide 40-foot clear roadway. The road construction consisted of completely removing and replacing the old asphalt pavement, constructing a mechanically stabilized earth retaining wall system with wick drains and rammed aggregate piers, widening, and soil stabilization throughout the project. The MSE wall in the southeast quadrant will be placed parallel to the road alignment to allow for an access road to a utility substation. This project was 100 percent funded by Vanderburgh County.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak