ALL-Lima Railroad Grade Separation
Affected by slow moving or stopped trains on the Indiana and Ohio Railway’s (IORY’s) tracks, the city of Lima advanced this rail grade separation project. This federally funded LPA project called for an Elm Street underpass beneath the IORY track. In addition, the project include the reconstruction, widening, and realignment of Elm Street between Bellefontaine Avenue and Shawnee Street. A roundabout is proposed and the five-legged intersection of Elm Street, Bellefontaine Avenue, and Calumet Avenue. The project also affected multiple access points to Elm Street.
Our company prepared the environmental analysis resulting in the development of a Level 4 Categorical Exclusion. Critical project elements included cultural resources, as the proposed project is located adjacent to the National Register (NR) listed Lima Stadium and the NR-eligible rail exhibit and Fire Museum in Lincoln Park. The location of the grade separation presented Section 4(f) concerns due to potential impacts to Lincoln Park. The improvements to Elm Street also created Section 4(f) concerns with impacts to Lincoln Park, the planned Stadium Park, and the Ottawa River Bike Path. Through close coordination with the officials with jurisdiction over these resources and ODOT, a de minimis Section 4(f) evaluation was able to be prepared.
Field studies included a Wetland Delineation, an assessment of historic properties, a Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment including determination of potential hazardous waste locations and other potential environmental problem areas, and ecological assessments necessary for the proposed improvement.
- City of South Bend’s Enhanced Long Term Control Plan Wins Approval
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak